Friday, November 21, 2008

Make a Joyous Noise


The day after turkey day is when it would start...the constant singing of Christmas carols by our family. We had average voices...treding flat...but full of joy. Every car trip it would only be a matter of time before someone would start White Christmas or Here Come's Santa Claus. Most came from my mom...whom I thought knew every holiday song. Even when we were a bit older...as in college age, we still sang in front of my roommate from Japan (who thought that it was great and kind of crazy). My sister and I covet a series of Old Navy Holiday CD's. And when she moved out years ago she took them with her...to my dismay. I was fortunate enough to find a music savvy husband. He has assembled several holiday CD's featuring my favorites...that I listen to over and over and over again. This year I compiled my most favorite holiday songs for a CD SWAP. The only one missing is Adam Sandler's Chanukah Song (I think I may be alone in the anticipation of hearing this song every year). So below is my collection...and if you would like a copy I would love to share this joy with you. Just drop me a line and in the mail it will go!..Note: due to my love of caroling in my semi-flat singing voice the husband request that I wait until December 1st before I start belting out O Holy Night in the car as we run errands....

01 - Christine Lavin & The Mistletones - A Christmas/ Kwanzaa/ Solstice/
Chanukah/ Ramadan/ Boxing Day Song
02 - Weepies - All That I Want
03 - Doris Day & Bing Crosby - Baby, Its Cold Outside
04 - Great Big Sea - Seven Joys of Mary
05 - Smashing Pumpkins - Christmas Time
06 - Sting - I Saw Three Ships
07 - The Muppets - One More Sleep 'Til Christmas
08 - Arthur Fiedler and The Boston Pops - Sleigh Ride
09 - Burl Ives - Holly Jolly Christmas
10 - Paul McCartney & Wings - Wonderful Christmas Time
11 - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Christmas all over Again
12 - Madonna - Santa Baby
13 - Blink182 - I Won't Be Home For Christmas
14 - Tracy Chapman - O Holy Night
15 - Dave Matthews Band - Christmas Song
16 - Leon Redbone & Dr. John - Frosty the Snowman
17 - Louis Armstrong - Zat You Santa Claus
18 - Randy Travis - Meet Me Under the Mistletoe
19 - Bing Crosby - White Christmas
20 - Thurl Ravenscroft - You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch
21 - Tony Bennett - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
22 - Appendix Out - The Holly Bears a Berry
23 - Stephen Paulus - Hallelu
24 - Natalie MacMaster and Alison Krauss - Get Me Through December

2 comments:

Kindred Spirits Photography said...

You most certainly are not alone in your anticipation of the Chanukah Song. It is a favorite here in our house! Oh How I would love a copy of your favorite Holiday songs please! What a special gift to give. One of my all time favorite song... Dave Matthews, Christmas Song. Happy Singing!!!

Unknown said...

Burl Ives bring back memories. Would love to have this Christmas CD to play on our travels this holiday season. Like the green striped wrapping ,too.