Sometimes nature is such a wonder to behold....from within the coziness of my flannel pajamas inside my home. Such a day stirs my memory. My inner child is pleading to go outside and play...sled...make snow angles...snowballs...attempt a fort... come home an hour later in order to get broomed on the front porch (my mom used to make us stand just outside the front door while she used the broom to remove the snow off our clothes..)...then stand over the heat run for one blow cycle while hot chocolate is being made (with extra marshmallows). I would love to go outside and participate in this day...but, um, I lack adult sized snow bibs.....and I am out of hot coco.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
This is the amount it took to get my windshield washer fixed for my car. I am content with every penny that was spent to get her going again...since this weekend calls for quite the snowing. It also makes me more determined to learn more about the beautiful mystery of my vehicles mechanics. If I happen to have the chance to be reincarnated I am going to stand in the line for the mechanically inclined...until then I plan to sign up for a Mechanic I class at the local adult learning center.
Monday, January 5, 2009
- Keep going to the gym (and add the spinning class once a week). Since July 45 pounds have went MIA...and I am curious what can happen in another six months...
- Time to grow up (a bit) and find an entire house to rent.
- Remember the birthdays of others...and get the cards purchased or made into the mail on time.
- Donate blood.
- Get my teeth cleaned and a real physical.
- Start my etsy store.
- Participate in the Renegade Festival in Chicago.
- Finish my short story about Eve in the garden.
- Publish my children's book on LuLu or Blurb...and see what happens.
- Plan and execute three dinner parities...one per quarter (is that too dorky?)
- Learn how to do my own oil change.
- Payoff my medical bill (finally!)
- Start a real savings account...and leave it alone.
- Adopt a dog and a cat.
- Grow my own herbs.
- Cook more. Eat out way less.
- Pay more attention to the needs of my family and friends.
- Finish my first felt book before the nephew is born.
- Find my Aunt Charlotte and my college friend Yolanda.
- Take more pictures of people I love.
- Participate in more art swaps.
- Post art more often.
- Buy my own truck, couch, scanner, and printer...all for my art of course ;)
- Go on a canoe trip....and a bike trip.
- Ride a horse.
What are your plans?