Sunday, July 6, 2008

Map of My Heart


Tah-Dah! Here is a little view of what is happening in the studio on my husband's work side. Paint and Ink (Alison Whittingtontured) is the featured artist. The complete name of her studio is : The Interimaginational Institute for Fantastic Exploration and Cartography. I posses an affinity for maps---real and imagined. Any book with a map on the inside cover, or even better, a fold out map, typically finds it way home to my library. (Favorite Maps: Harry's Marauder Map, The Goonies Map, Maps that come with Wes Anderson movies that are drawn by his brother, and the maps found in books by Shannon Hale and, of course, Tolkien.) So when I discovered this work I felt my inner-pirate heart say "ARHH" and had to comply. These paintings are destined to inspire on the new periwinkle wall in the studio. Shiver me timbers.

No comments: