Friday, July 4, 2008

R/W/B



I am going to admit something today. Something terrible and quite anti-Fourth-of-July. I am not a fan of the summer picnic. My family may already sense this as I always fall short when it comes to planning and participating in formal picnic environments. I love the family, the food, and having the day off. But I always feel the pressure for it to be memorable. So this year I am trying to take my husband's advice to just "go with the flow" and to not become overwhelmed by the details. I pledge to avoid stress about the following: 1.) selecting the right heavy duty paper plates and deciding if we need plastic spoons as well as the plastic forks, 2.)if we have a big enough variety of sodas for everyone because I might forget who needs diet pop or caffine free, 3.)whether I will be attacked by mosquitoes, or 4.)the location of the picnic table in relation to the closest available restroom. My family is picnic-ing on the fifth instead of the fourth. This gives me the "freedom" to spend the fourth of July painting the studio, cleaning the house, seeing that I still have a husband, and sewing with my Mom. To note: I do adore picnics in the autumn and winter. Yes winter. My mom used to take us to a state park during the off picnic season. We had the park to ourselves most of the time, sans bugs, and the food just tasted better with a chill in the air...

2 comments:

Kindred Spirits Photography said...

You inspire me to see things from a different perspective. I love the pictures you took of the flag from different angles. I think you would be a very good photographer!!!

Charity Larrison said...

your porch looks great! happy studio painting!