Friday, August 8, 2008

Lonely Island

This past week has been pretty rough at the work place. Two mornings in a row I wanted to hand in my keys and just walk away from the negative chaos that thrives in my work environment. Working nights I miss the sun, my family, friends, and the husband. It is a lonely island. Above are the little things that have brought some good to my days:
  • Bananas: I discovered that they really do help tired muscles and still taste good with peanut butter.
  • Izze: According to the label it is good for you---providing two servings of fruit that somebody at the USDA says you should have every day. Taste good + good for you = new favorite after gym tasty beverage.
  • i-pod cozy: It makes me feel young and hip in the sea of silver hair at the gym. Plus it is now filled with the most awesome music my husband selected for me---like a giant mix tape.
  • Pens: So cheap, so cute. I have to buy more! Bonus: the pens write in the color of the cap (I found this out when I started to write the rent check in hot pink).
  • Tumbler: Featuring the new favorite color combination dominating my domestic life---blue and red. Custom made for me by Naomi Cleary Ceramics.

3 comments:

Mason Dixie said...

Love the Ipod carrying case, to cute and I am going to have to try the Izze for sure.

Kindred Spirits Photography said...

Hang in there! As Dharma would say, you will find your Bliss when you least expect it!!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Am visiting here for the first time, following the link from potter Naomi Cleary's blog. Very fun. (Glad you got to have your day in the sun!)