Friday, June 13, 2008

How Does the Garden Grow



We live in the top half of an old house (built in the 19teens). I wish the house was my very own. I would update and fix things to return it to its deserved glory. Since we rent my summer flower passion is limited to pots on the front porch (and some hosta plants living by the foot of the steps). I went a little crazy with all the flower flats (and had to share with my mother and sister). The only days I had off from work were cool rain riddled days. I was not deterred. I planted the flowers while a spring storm was brewing all around. It has been a month since the flowers found a home on the front porch,,,and for the most part they are thriving. Secret: I love to drive past our house very slow and pretend as if I am seeing it for the first time (trying to imagine what the neighbors think).

No comments: