Friday, August 29, 2008

Eight is Enough



Last night I went into work on my night off (silly me). Before I left my car NPR was giving me speech updates from the Democratic Convention. I hung on as long as I could waiting for Obama's speech. Alas it would have to wait until three in the morning when I came home and watched history on the Internet. It was worth the wait. A fellow co-worker is very anti-Obama and often questions why I believe this man is qualified to be our President. This is an odd line of questioning for me to understand....for a position a hand full of people have ever had the privilege of attaining via the American voter. For me it is most important that he is intelligent, compassionate, confident, analytical, and personable. With these elements a person can lead---can initiate change. All these things are missing in our current administration. When I hear Obama speak I hear a bit of my self. Win or loose, my husband and I plan on being at the swearing in of our next President---to cheer for the first African-American President or to witness America's refusal for change with the addition of McCain to the White House. I want to be there when it happens---instead of watching it hours later as it unfolds on the home computer. And for those that adore McCain---that is great for you. Vote McCain. Vote Obama. Just be heard and VOTE.

1 comment:

Leisha Camden said...

Good post ... and good for you that you're going to be there at the inauguration. Regardless of the results of the election, it will be worth it being there. But you Obama supporters have most of the rest of the world behind you and rooting for your candidate, I think I can safely say that. :-) Good luck!!