Friday, October 3, 2008

Fever


Next year around this lovely time of year I will have the opportunity to witness a dear friend's wedding. Bless her, she asked me to be part of the party. And bless her again because she said I could pick out my own dress to wear. Dressing up for me is very difficult and usually involves tears and panic attacks. There is some deep buried evil seed that cracks open and begins to grow when there is the expectation to become the prettiest I can be outside the comfort zone of jeans and grey t-shirts. She has a year to organize a wedding....and it will take me the entire year to do some weeding in my fashion soul garden to harvest the confidence I will need to support her on her beautiful day instead of worrying about the trivialities of my hair and nails and what others may think.....and it will probably take the year to find a dress. (Note 1.: I am reading Circle of Friends...and it has been a soul quencher for my plus sized self...long love Benny and her modesty panel! Read it!) (Note 2: pictured above is discovery A...the first of I am sure many many dresses I will find while performing my "research").

No comments: